Domestic Violence Advocacy
Our Domestic Violence Advocacy program staff connect with the community to identify people impacted by domestic violence. We assist with safety planning and immediate support, offer information about Anew: Building Beyond Violence and Abuse, and related resources as well as facilitating access to appropriate Anew: Building Beyond Violence and Abuse programs and services.
What We Do
The Anew: Building Beyond Violence and Abuse Domestic Violence Advocacy Program provides domestic violence education, survivor empowerment, and community support in settings including our healthcare partner locations. Advocates outreach to community settings and medical facilities to increase the health system’s response to domestic violence and to increase individual knowledge of available community resources.
Domestic Violence Advocates provide the following services to individuals impacted by domestic violence:
- Information about domestic violence and Anew: Building Beyond Violence and Abuse
- Trauma-informed, empowerment-based, safety-centered advocacy
- Emotional support
- Education on the dynamics of domestic violence
- Safety planning
- Court referrals for an order of protection
- Linkage to Anew: Building Beyond Violence and Abuse programs and services
Domestic Violence Advocates also assist and train other professionals in understanding and recognizing the dynamics of domestic violence and the different signs of abuse.