Anew: Building Beyond Violence and Abuse is a safe place to get help
Anew provides caring and confidential help to victims of domestic violence. Our professional counselors and advocates understand the dynamics of domestic violence and help clients identify and choose options in their life situations.
All services are free of charge for victims and are available in English and Spanish.
Not sure whether you or someone you know needs our services?
The mission of Anew is to provide comprehensive, coordinated services to families in which domestic violence exists without imposing any one solution.
To strive towards accomplishing the mission and the vision, we foster a flexible, inclusive atmosphere in which passionate, highly talented professionals engage in work that produces significant, positive impact on families and communities. We use the following values to guide our organizational culture and processes:
- We support change and engage in all aspects of this process.
- We provide safety through trust and confidentiality.
- We promote inclusivity and embrace diversity.
- We value others through respect and dignity.
- We act with integrity and uphold accountability and transparency.
- We foster teamwork through collaboration and open communication.
- We commit to ongoing innovation, education and growth.
- Domestic violence is a crime of power and control.
- Domestic violence negatively impacts all who experience and/or witness it; therefore, domestic violence diminishes the quality of life in the community.
- Domestic violence is abuse and is unjustified.
- Each person has responsibility for his/her own behavior.
- Survivors do not cause the abuse.
- Each person has a right to the information, support and services necessary to become safe, self-reliant, and autonomous.
- Children from violent homes are at risk.
- Violent behavior is a learned response and is often passed down from generation to generation.