Know the Signs
If you answer yes to any of questions below you may be in an unhealthy or abusive relationship. It is important to know that you are not alone.
Contact our 24-hour hotline at 708-335-3028 if you are in immediate danger.
Does someone in your family or relationship:
- not allow you to work?
- control the finances?
- take away the keys to the car?
- prevent you from seeing friends and family?
- make demands with insults, put-downs and name-calling?
- get extremely jealous?
- prevent you from seeing the doctor?
- threaten to take the children; threaten that you will never see them again; threaten to leave, kill or hurt you or the children?
- threaten to commit suicide?
- hurt family pets?
- slap, punch or drag you?
- hurt or threaten you with weapons?
- demand sex without consent or is hurtful or humiliating during sex?
- threaten to “out” your sexual orientation?
No one deserves to be abused.
If you answered yes to any of the above questions you may be in an unhealthy or abusive relationship. You are not alone.
If you are in immediate danger, contact our 24-Hour Hotline at 708-335-3028.
If you are safe at the moment but would like to speak with someone further you may contact our intake specialist during normal business hours at 708.794.2140.